John's IOS App Support
Any suggestions or feedback on apps are encouraged.
I have a few questions concerning your EZ Mailing Labels II application:
– Is Monterey 12.2 supported?
– Are custom envelope sizes saved for future use?
– Does the application allow for two names (separate lines) in the return address?
– Can United States POSTNET barcodes be printed on envelopes?
I have a Brother HL-5370DW printer which uses the CUPS driver. Do you know of any reason EZ Mailing Lablels II will not work with that printer?
Thank you for your interest. Below I have answered your questions:
– I run the program on Monterey 12.1 and it works fine.
– Yes, the envelope size, font size, font color, font style, return address and logo are all stored after you set these options and you don’t have to reset them unless you want to change them.
– Yes, the return address can accommodate two lines (e.g. Company and Name).
– I developed a routine to print USPS Intelligent Mail Barcodes, its my understanding that the old PostNet system was superseded by the Intelligent Mail Barcode. I did send test samples to USPS and they confirmed they could read the code. But, I have not implemented it in the program.
– Regarding the Brother HL-5370DW printer, I am not familiar with that model. I have an old Brother (MFC series) and I have to make sure that the page size or envelope size is also selected at the printer options dialog.
I am about to release a new version that has a Fast Envelope option where you can print a single envelope without having to set up a mailing list. I also, improved the sorting. I’d be happy to add you to the beta test so you can see if the app meets your needs. Let me know if you are interested.
John for your quick reply. Yes, would indeed like to be included in your beta test. Please keep me informed when you are ready to begin testing, etc.
Great, I’ll be beta testing in the next few days. You’ll get an invitation by e-mail.
Would it be possible to make it so we can select contacts by group instead of every contact we have. I have over 300 contacts in several separate groups and it would be much easier to select by group rather than sorting through all my contacts.
After you download or import contact information you can filter the contacts when you are creating a mailing list. For instance you can type a company name and get filter all of the contacts that work for that company. Or, filter for CA for all California residents. Then the mailing serves as your group container.
Let me know if that answers your question,
I am adding two features to the import function that might help you. First, the import screen will open with the contacts not in your database flagged for download. Second, I am adding a filter to the import screen so you can find a name, zip code or some identifier. the app will be updated in about a week.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.